- 24-hour licensed nurse coverage.
- SMMC’s Medical Director is at our facility weekly, along with our Nurse Practitioner. Our members have full access to our physicians care at all times.
- SMMC works in house with Psychiatric Concepts of Knoxville who visit our members regularly. Some members need this extra special attention due to the effects of Dementia and other mental health issues.
- SMMC through Psychiatric Concepts also offers in house mental health counseling as one deals with long term care, emotional stress of health conditions that bring mental health changes.
- SMMC partners with Smoky Mountain Hospice in house providing award-winning care, specializing in disease management programs. Having Smoky Mountain Hospice in house assures that your extensive health care needs including physical, emotional, and spiritual support for terminally ill members and their families are met. SMH has medical directors on staff in addition to SMMC physicians. SMH offers bereavement and spiritual counseling as well as follow-up for 13 months after the loss of a loved one.
- Serene Manor offers families and members certified Life Planning Facilitators for those needing assistance in understanding what options are available helping you and loved ones make informed decisions about health care direction and inevitable decisions that may need to be planned. This can bring peace and comfort in what can be a very stressful time for families.
- SMMC has a certified Notary on staff for special documents that families may need in order to care for their loved ones. This saves our families time and effort in the long list of paperwork required by state and federal guidelines. This service is free of charge to you.
- SMMC has a Social Services department to help you coordinate your family member’s care during Care-Plan meetings as well as other issues as they transition to long term care. Social Services also offers personal financial budgeting.
- SMMC will gladly file the necessary Social Security reports and keep up with regulated financial accounting while still reporting to the family quarterly.
- Round-the-clock emergency call services.
- Laboratory services and Mobile x-ray.
- Scheduled transportation for local shopping, doctor appointments, and other events.
- Active social, recreational, and educational programs coordinated by our experienced certified activity staff.
- SMMC offers personal shopping services weekly.
- Anytime menu options.
- SMMC has in house, a Register Dietitian to meet the needs of each member’s specific dietary requirements or choices.
- Housekeeping/towel and linen service.
- Assistance with bathing and hygiene up to 7 days a week at the member’s choice.
- Assistance with dressing and undressing 7 days a week at the member’s choice.
- Assistance and care of incontinence.
- Escort service to appointments and community events.
- Administration of medications, treatments and pharmacy services.
- Coordinate physician, therapies, and testing appointments.
- All utilities including available telephone use.
- Beauty/barber shop services available at no charge.
Long-Term Intermediate Care
Serene Manor Specializes in long term care and hospice care. Our goal is to help you find the place you can call home, receiving the medical care you require, have the necessary personalized services to keep you well and happy, and helping you get the funding you may need to accomplish this.
We’ll gladly assist you in helping determine a loved one’s medical and financial situation to approve nursing home placement. We can help with all phases of this including Medical, Financial and state required guidelines for living in a long term care facility.
Our many services include any-time dining for our members as well as daily activities and outings for members who like to get out and enjoy the community.
We’re also a Christian family-owned company. Your well-being both physically, mentally and spiritually is equally important. Serene Manor offers a multitude of counseling services from Psychiatric Concepts to a variety of spiritual counselors to church services.
Insurance and Costs
- Duration varies
- Price varies
- Serene Manor currently accepts Medicaid, Pending Medicaid, Private Pay, and Hospice. While you are at Serene Manor if you are needing assistance with Medicare applications or Social Security applications our administration office is here to help you. We will also assist you in handling the filing of reports as required by the federal government when it comes to Social Security benefits.
Serene Manor will file any necessary applications for you, ensuring your peace of mind when it comes to qualifications both medical and financial. Let us do the work for you.
At Serene Manor Medical Center we understand there are many issues that families may have in considering long term Care for their loved ones, whether physical, medical, financial and or emotional. Serene Manor welcomes you to let us assist you as these life-changing care and medical decisions come into your life for family and loved ones.
Let Serene Manor spend the time with you that you need addressing each situation or concern to help make informed decisions for your loved one. We can be reached through our administration offices at 865-523-9171 x 1221 or via email: email@example.com.
Do you need a professional assessment of your situation or a loved one to determine your needs?
Serene Manor will gladly come to your home or location and visit with you. We will also assist you in getting the necessary documentation that may be needed for financial assistance or placement. Is your loved one currently in a facility or hospital? Just let your case manager know you’re interested in long term care placement.
If you would like to schedule a tour at Serene Manor please call (865) 523-9171 x1221 or email our admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come see what makes Serene Manor a special place to live for your loved one.
The activity director at SMMC is dedicated full time in seeing that a wide range of entertainment and activities for our members is developed. From Classical music concerts to Elvis and Pigeon Forge Aquarium to weekly Dollar General. Our goal is to create activities that are stimulating and entertaining but also just a normal part of one’s life.
Our Social Services department ensures that both members and families are successfully navigating through the long term care placement process. A wide variety of help is available with state agencies and other resources that may provide the extra help not only members need but their families as well.
SMMC is a secure facility providing the added extra measure that some need as Alzheimer’s and dementia escalates in our elderly population. Members are able to enjoy the relaxing porch rockers outside while still remaining safe and secure.